Evaluation- Are we right for you?
If you are interested in training, please fill out: Training Application for New Clients
Some training program info you should know:
- We are a small business with one main trainer. Depending on the trainer’s schedule, we may or may not be able to accommodate new training clients at a given time. During busy seasons, it may be a week or more until we can schedule you.
- Board & Train. There are 4 programs. Our shortest course is 10 days. We also offer two to six week programs. We do offer custom packages.
- SEE PRICES
- Updates during board and train: You are welcome to ask for updates every 3-4 days, and the trainer will text you photos and brief updates. If we have any questions we will always contact you immediately.
- Visits during board and train: Depending on how long your dog is staying, coming in for a lesson can be beneficial. Typically after the 7-day mark is best. Please ask upon drop-off, and we can schedule a visit lesson.
- Boarding can be booked in advance to fit around your schedule. We do not have set dates for dogs to begin training programs.
- Private lessons and in-home lessons will have the highest success if you practice in between lessons
- We will get to know your dog, and train for your goals. Our training is not cookie-cutter. Most people want a dog that is responsive, calm, and happy. The trainer will take notes on your specifics.
- Methods: We do not follow a “purely positive” ideology in training. We believe in practical, effective, and fair methods. We use training collars (including Herm Sprenger training collars), remote collars aka E-Collars (only in certain programs), and utilize corrections when appropriate. We also use food, toys, play, and praise as motivators. We do not approve of yelling, hitting, alpha-rolling, or inhumane treatment. You will be informed of what we recommend prior to training. If you are not open-minded to the use of discipline, structure, or suggested training equipment, we may not be the best fit for you.
- Following a board and train you must maintain the training and contact us immediately if you are having any issues.
- We are able to provide pick-up and drop-off for boarding if arranged in advance
- We offer professional grooming